Building, overseeing, and growing Vero’s PR practice and key PR clients in the Philippines. Large client assignments include a leading global content platform and a significant development sector actor.
Building, overseeing, and growing Vero’s PR practice in Vietnam and supporting Vero’s regional PR practice in ASEAN.
Overseeing your team’s P&L through direct access to business data. Advising team-level strategy in terms of recruitment, key investment, culture, and business development.
Participation in the executive management of the agency’s growth, bringing strategic input to group-level conversations on culture, recruitment, business strategy, thought leadership, key investments, and regional expansion.
Supporting the image and role of Vero’s PR practice in the Philippines PR industry by becoming an active contributor to industry events, industry coverage, and industry capacity building and training.
Leading and growing a PR Account Team, your team will manage local and international PR accounts, and you will provide Account Servicing and Communication and PR strategy guidance to your clients, Account Directors/Managers/Executives.
PR strategy input on new PR business planning, held by you, with the support of the Strategy team and the Philippines country lead, depending on your pipeline.
PR strategy input on new IMC business planning held by Strategy teams.
Mainly involved in Philippine-based projects, you will also contribute to Vero’s regional offices
(Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Singapore, and Indonesia) when your help and expertise are required. You will support the international pitching efforts along with creative and planning teams.
Overall, you would be working with a team to meet client KPIs, assisting other departments and
management if need be, and generating positive business results for the agency. You would be
reporting to the Vero Philippines’ Operations Director.
You will drive the agency’s reputation in Manila with existing and new client relationships. As one of the lead representatives, you will ensure excellent communication with clients and partners both directly and through your account teams. You will also support new business opportunities and the agency’s local strategic planning effort, working together with teams to develop industry-leading communication proposals.
Includes taking client briefs, challenging them, and developing them into inspiring and informative internal briefs. Keeping abreast of new trends and developments and sharing those with the rest of the team and company on a regular basis. You will be responsible for turning ideas into well-rounded, strategically sound, deliverable plans that you lead and write, collaborating with others in the team to encompass audience insights, trend analysis, marketing/media executions, timings, and budgets.
Includes bringing strategic input to group-level conversations on culture, recruitment, business strategy, thought leadership, key investments, and regional expansion.
- Minimum 7 years working experience in a PR role
- Highly motivated, flexible, reliable, honest, and able to work under pressure
- Excellent leadership, team building, and organizational skills
- Structured, responsible, and independent – the capacity to organize a business development roadmap to access pre-defined business goals.
- Proven experience in communication planning. You are a creative problem-solver, you know how to surround yourself with critical resources and research approaches (on and offline), and you are able to apply these approaches to uncover breakthrough insights that can drive our client business forward.
- Experienced in leading campaign development, execution, and measurement
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience in strategizing and managing various digital and social media platforms; involved in audience engagement on social media
- Strong analytical & performance optimization skills with the ability to identify, interpret, and use digital and social media marketing analytics and tools
- Believes efficient communication is sparked by positive conversations
- Trusts that creativity and empathy are at the heart of great communication strategies
- Outstanding English and Tagalog listening, writing, and presentation skills
- Comfortable working in a young, multicultural environment
TRAVEL AND PLACE OF WORK:
Your usual location for work will be the company’s office in Manila. Your place of work may vary depending on the Company’s needs, including Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, or other locations as instructed from time to time. Additional expenses incurred by you because of the Company directing that you work from a location other than your usual location will be reimbursed by the Company. Standard working hours are flexible, Monday through Friday. This may vary depending on workload and client needs.
WORKING AT VERO:
You will be a member of a multicultural team of communication specialists spread across the region and brought together by their love for creative and efficient strategies and positive conversations. We take pride in creating workplaces that feel like home, informal, and deeply stimulating.
- Annual Bonus: An “enhanced 13th month” through which you will receive an annual extra sum of money equal to your salary in the preceding month plus a fraction of annual company benefits. The year-end bonus is determined by the Company and at its sole discretion.
- Flexible Office: All our employees can choose where they want to work on any given day, whether it be from the office, from home, from a coffee shop, or from a yacht in the Pacific Ocean.
- Tech set-up: one company laptop, subscriptions to relevant industry media, as well as social sentiment analysis and business intelligence tools and dashboards.
- Communication allowance: P1,500 monthly allowance paid in the same monthly paycheck
- Working days: from Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5:30 pm (including 1 hour of lunch break). This may be flexible depending on workload and client needs.
- International Travel: As much as possible, we push our teams to travel for events/client work. In any given year, manager-level team members have the opportunity to visit some of our other offices, attend industry events, and follow their clients if they handle regional projects.
- Leave: Your allocated holiday time at Vero will be unlimited. We trust our people to use good judgment when given guidelines for making decisions about taking a holiday, and we know that our teams work better when they can rest and take a proper break from work. Our goal is that every team takes an average of 15 days (minimum!) per person a year.
- Wellness day off: 1 paid day per quarter for you to take time off, unplug, and treat yourself to something nice.
- Thought Leadership and training: We sponsor team members with training tools and resources, both internal and external, and we even incentivize employees to complete classes. Details of training programs and incentives will be shared upon your onboarding. This includes training and development investments organized by the company as well as specialized programs that our executives may come across and feel are needed for their development. For example, this could be a program organized by a group such as PR WEEK or PRCA or a training program that focuses on business in general. Across the Vero group, we are seeking new and better ways to help people develop careers – and, of course, this would apply to the Philippines, too.
- Health Insurance: The Company will provide private medical insurance as a benefit. The actual package and structure of the insurance may be determined by the Company and at its sole discretion.
- Mental Health Budget: We understand the importance of access to proper mental health support; all our employees can access a minimum budget of $500 USD per year for therapy with internationally trained psychologists. The access to this budget and the content of your therapy are 100% confidential; only you and your therapist know what is being said during sessions, of course.
Vero is an award-winning communications consultancy advising some of the world’s leading brands, corporations, and non-profit organizations across Southeast Asia. Vero designs integrated marketing and communications strategies that resonate in the region’s digital ecosystems and fast-growing economies.
Vero is based in Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam, and maintains a partnership in Myanmar. With a diverse team of over 200 professionals specializing in PR, social media, digital marketing, influence, data-powered consumer research, media buying, and creative services, Vero offers comprehensive solutions for businesses looking to grow their brand presence in Southeast Asia. In 2022, Vero’s commitment to fostering a positive and empowering work culture was recognized as Best Independent Agency to work for in APAC at the PRovoke Media Awards. In 2023, Vero enters PRovoke Media’s Global Top 250 PR Agency Ranking, as the second largest independent firm in Southeast Asia.
Additionally, Vero’s campaigns and services have also been recognized, winning Marketing Interactive’s Gold Award for Best Health and Pharmaceutical campaign, PR Awards Asia’s Best Use of Digital (COVID-19), SABRE Awards Best Influencer Programs Endorsements, and the 2023 Travel & Lifestyle Award from PRCA APAC. Vero has a distinctive approach to earned media, putting digital technology at the core of its business and championing stories of progress. In 2021, Vero was named Southeast Asia’s Agency of the Year by PRovoke.
Vero regularly produces research papers examining relationships between brands and audiences, digital trends, and emerging cultural impact. Vero produces playbooks for brands on topics such as, but not limited to, food and health in Southeast Asia, management of disinformation threats, and the media ecosystem of esports.