Building, overseeing, and growing Vero’s business in Singapore, and key clients in the ASEAN region.
- Participation in the executive management of the agency’s growth, bringing strategic input to group-level conversations on culture, recruitment, business strategy, thought leadership, key investments, and regional expansion.
- Building and managing teams who will effectively serve international and local brands with industry-leading PR and communications consulting, integrating the future of data, creativity, culture and impact into award winning communication work.
Client management and account supervision
- Advise industry-leading brands, in the realms of sustainability, technology, FMCG, health and luxury in strategic communications.
- Build, nurture, and grow client relationships, serving as a trusted resource and advisor.
- Lead and independently manage multiple integrated communications programs.
- Lead the development of communications strategies for client brands and projects; and translate these strategies into tactical, executional plans.
- Lead the production of high-quality, client-ready deliverables, including but not limited to communications proposals, strategies, and tactical plans, media and influencer relation plans and related content (press releases, feature articles, whitepapers, playbooks, reports, social media posts etc.)
- Keep apprised of clients’ brands/products/services and industry developments – understanding key issues facing the client’s industries, and trends.
- Manage team resources.
Business development and agency growth
- Support Vero’s growth in Singapore and the region by becoming an active contributor to industry events, industry coverage, and industry capacity building and training.
- Support the agency’s reputation in Singapore with existing and new client relationships.
- Lead new business development, including taking client briefs, challenging them, and developing them into inspiring and informative internal briefs, keeping abreast of new trends and developments, and sharing those with the rest of the team and company regularly.
- Turn ideas into well-rounded, strategically sound, deliverable plans that you lead and write, collaborating with others in the team to encompass audience insights, trend analysis, marketing/media executions, timings, and budgets.
- Manage new business pitching process, and ensure timelines and deadlines are met.
- Minimum seven years (or more) of working experience in an agency environment or similar
- Experience (and/or passion) in sustainability is a bonus
- Highly motivated, flexible, reliable, honest, and able to work under pressure
- Excellent leadership, team building and organisational skills
- Structured, detail-oriented, responsible, and independent – capacity to organise a business development roadmap to access pre-defined business goals.
- Proven experience in a communications function/role: You are a creative problem-solver, you know how to surround yourself with critical resources and research approaches (on and offline), and you can apply these approaches to uncover breakthrough insights that can drive our business forward
- Experienced in leading campaign development, execution and measurement
- Possess in depth media relations in Singapore and the region
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience in strategising and managing various digital and social media platforms; involved in audience engagement on social media
- Strong analytical performance optimisation skills with the ability to identify, interpret, and use digital and social media marketing analytics and tools
- Believes that positive conversations spark efficient communication
- Trusts that creativity and empathy are at the heart of great communication strategies
- Excellent writing skills
- Comfortable working in a young, multicultural environment
WORKING AT VERO
You will be a member of a multicultural team of communication specialists spread across the region and brought together by their love for creative and efficient strategies and positive conversations. We pride ourselves in creating workplaces that feel like home, informal, and deeply stimulating.
**This is a hybrid role, with some travel required. You will be reporting to Vero Singapore’s Managing Director.
- Annual bonus: The year-end bonus is determined by the Company and at its sole discretion
- Flexible office & remote work: You can work from home, from a coffee shop, or a yacht in the Pacific Ocean. This may vary depending on workload and client needs.
- Working days: Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5:30 pm (including 1 hour of lunch break). This may be flexible depending on workload and client needs.
- International travel: As much as possible, we push our teams to travel for events/client work. On any given year, manager-level team members have the opportunity to visit some of our other offices, attend industry events, and follow their clients if they handle regional projects.
- Leave: Your allocated holiday time at Vero Advocacy will be unlimited. We trust our people to use good judgment when given guidelines for making decisions about taking a holiday, and we know that our teams work better when they can rest and take a proper break from work. Our goal is that every team takes an average of 15 days (minimum!) per person a year.
- Thought leadership and training: We sponsor team members with training tools and resources, both internal and external, and we even incentivize employees to complete classes. This includes training and development investments organized by the company as well as specialized programs that our executives may come across and feel are needed for their development.
- Health insurance: The Company will provide private medical insurance as a benefit. The actual package and structure of the insurance may be determined by the Company and at its sole discretion.
- Mental health budget: We understand the importance of access to proper mental health support, so we provide the Counseling by the Professional Psychologist to the team since day 1 as the VeroSquad.
Vero is an award-winning communications consultancy that partners with some of the world’s leading brands, corporations, and non-profit organizations across Southeast Asia. Vero is dedicated to creating stories for companies and brands that resonate authentically within the region’s unique digital ecosystems and fast-growing economies.
Vero presence spans Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam, as well as an established partnership in Myanmar. With a dedicated team of over 200 professionals specializing in PR, social media, digital marketing, influence, data-powered consumer research, media buying, and creative services, we offer comprehensive solutions for businesses seeking to advance their brand footprint in Southeast Asia.
Vero takes immense pride in our commitment to fostering a positive and empowering work culture, which was acknowledged in 2022 when Vero was recognized as the Best Independent Agency To Work For in APAC at the PRovoke Media Awards. In 2023, Vero further solidified its position by ranking among PRovoke Media’s Global Top 250 PR Agencies, securing the title of the second largest independent firm in Southeast Asia.
Vero’s most recognized campaigns garnered Marketing Interactive’s Gold Award for Best Health and Pharmaceutical Campaign, PR Awards Asia’s Best Use of Digital (COVID-19), SABRE Awards Best Influencer Programs Endorsements, and the 2023 Travel & Lifestyle Award from PRCA APAC. Vero believes in the power of earned, so our communication work is crafted to be talkable for the right reasons.
In 2021, Vero was named Southeast Asia’s Agency of the Year by PRovoke Media. In 2023, Vero Vietnam office won PRWeek’s PR Awards Asia Best Consultancy (Medium Size).
Vero goes beyond conventional PR and comms practices by regularly producing research papers that explore the relationships between brands and audiences, digital trends, and emerging cultural impacts. Vero’s playbooks for brands cover various topics, including but not limited to food and health in Southeast Asia, managing disinformation threats, navigating the pitfalls of greenwashing, and understanding the media ecosystem of esports.