As a part of Vero’s strategy team, you will work with Senior Planners to be the team’s go-to resource for market insights, trends, and communication problem solving. You will give an enhanced focus on strategies living in the realm of digital, keeping abreast of upcoming trends and new online marketing products. Your core responsibilities will be two-fold:
1. Research and Insights Management : Working closely with the rest of the planning department, you will support new strategic engagements with desktop research and insights management.
2. Marketing : You will also be involved in the agency’s business development at large, developing and updating the agency’s marketing material and supporting the agency’s reputational efforts.
On a broader level, as part of the strategy team you will be taking part in the following activities:
Includes taking client briefs, challenging them, developing them into inspiring and informative internal briefs. Keeping abreast of new trends and developments and sharing those with the rest of the team and company on a regular basis. You will be responsible for turning ideas into well-rounded, strategically-sound, deliverable plans that you lead and write, collaborating with others in the team to encompass audience insights, trend analysis, marketing/media executions, timings and budgets.
Driving the conception and development of innovative on-brief digital ideas for clients and/or new business, from bigger campaign themes to smaller execution/technology-led ideas. You should be able to guide and lead the ideas-generation process, identifying and building on any ideas from other people within the agency.
Research and Analysis
Intellectual curiosity is a must; we are looking for creative problem-solvers. You’ll need to have good understanding of research approaches (on and offline) and be able to apply these approaches to uncover breakthrough insights that can drive our client business forward.
Keen focus and understanding of how client business works and ability to develop strategic approaches clearly designed to help grow clients brands.
Being an Intern at Vero:
We believe internships are privileged personal development opportunities, and we take them very seriously ; below are some of the commitments you may expect from us if you intern at Vero:
• Hands-on experience, including attendance at all client, media, and supplier conversations.
• 1-1 mentorship sessions with key managers and directors of the Vietnam and ASEAN Vero teams.
• Access to a multicultural, industry-leading team of communication consultants in our new District 1 office.
• At least two internal and/or external communication workshops.
• A 1-1 counselling session at the end of the program with the agency’s Managing Director.
• A post-program certificate attesting to the scope and engagement of the program.
• Salary when you work ; of course ; No one should work for free.
• As a company, our goal is to hire and retain great performers, so if your end of internship review is conclusive, and if we’re willing, we will extend an offer to you to join Vero as a regular employee.
You are curious, ambitious, driven, creative, outspoken, and motivated. You have great interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work in an international environment using both English and Vietnamese. You have 3 years’ academic experience or a practical track record in a communications or creative-related field. You are highly organized, logical and with great observation skills and attention to details. You have an analytical mind and can-do attitude with experience structuring research and the ability to process data and extract trends. You are well connected to the communication industry’s development, new technologies, tools and trends and you have excellent interpersonal communication skills and you are used to interact with external stakeholders in both Vietnamese & English.
Travel and Place of Work
Your usual location for work will be the company’s office in Ho Chi Minh city. Standard working hours are 9am, to 5.30pm, Monday through Friday. This may vary depending on workload and client needs.
Vero is an award winning ASEAN brand experience innovator and ranks among the leading agency networks in Southeast Asia. Vero owns offices in Thailand, Myanmar, Indonesia and Vietnam and is also present in Cambodia and Laos through a partnership with a local leading agency. Vero is independent, employee-owned and managed, and won the “2017 Southeast Asia PR Consultancy of the year” award by the Holmes Report.
Working at Vero
You will be a member of a multicultural family of communication specialists, spread across the region and brought together by their love for creative and efficient strategies and positive conversations. We pride in creating workplaces that feel like home, informal and deeply stimulating.