Position: Head of Culture, ASEAN
Location: We are seeking the most qualified candidates in Southeast Asia. We are flexible about location, provided it is within the ASEAN region, preferably Indonesia, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand, or Vietnam.
Responsibilities: Develop, lead, and maintain, a sustainable and industry-leading agency culture, and promote it through internal and external communication channels. The main goal is to ensure that Vero’s team members feel great about working for the agency, are driven by our values, and feel listened to and supported.
One of your responsibilities will be to design new regional culture programs: creative and engaging initiatives that help team members to thrive in an open-minded and intellectually challenging environment. You will also work with communication teams to spread this culture beyond Vero’s walls, to the industry at large – positioning Vero at the forefront of agencies to work for in ASEAN.
You will report directly to Chief Operating Officer and the group management board.
- Minimum five years’ management experience in an internal or external communication role at an international firm
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken, with the ability to work in an international environment
- Experience working across cultures in the ASEAN region
- Keen understanding of how to create great culture at a marketing services agency
- Appreciation for the value of change and innovation in the workplace
- Appreciation for the key drivers of culture for Millennial-era and Gen Z agency professionals
- Passionate about thought-provoking office culture and committed to team members’ wellbeing
- Extroverted, curious, ambitious, highly creative, and able to communicate plans and earn team’s buy-in
- Love for technology and its applications for building agency culture
Travel and Place of Work
Because this role is regional, there are a variety of options for where the successful candidate can live and work. If the successful candidate is based in Singapore, work would be remote – with travel to visit our offices and teams in Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh City, Jakarta, and Yangon, once travel reopens. If the successful candidate resides in a country in which Vero owns an office, then they may work from the office, but some travel to meet with our teams in other countries will still be necessary.
Vero is an ASEAN PR and digital marketing innovator and ranks among the leading agency networks in Southeast Asia. Vero owns offices in Myanmar, Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam, and operates through partners across the region. Vero has approximately 120 team members spread across the ASEAN region.
Working at Vero
You will be a member of a multicultural family of communication specialists, spread across the region and brought together by their love for creative and efficient strategies. We take pride in creating workplaces that are home-like, informal, and deeply stimulating.
- International Travel: In normal times, we encourage our teams to travel for their work as a means to support clients and build relationships. In pre-pandemic years, manager-level team members visited our other offices, attended industry events, and followed their clients doing regional projects. Post-pandemic, we will continue to invest in necessary travel so that our people can experience and better understand a variety of ASEAN countries – and serve our clients in a truly regional and united manner.
- Leave: We believe in the benefits of taking time away from work to spend time with family and friends and enjoy new experiences. Our leave policy will be customized for the successful candidate.
- Wellness day off: One paid day per quarter for you to take time off and unplug or treat yourself to something nice.
- Fitness budget: TBA, but we are looking at ways to help our people lead healthier lives.
- Thought Leadership and training: We invest in internal training activities connected with Comms/Creativity/Critical Thinking.
- Mental Health Budget: We understand the importance of access to proper mental health support, so all of our employees can access counseling with mental health professionals. In 2020, we launched an internal campaign to serve our team members with resources for mental well-being.